Philippa Langley, from the Richard III Society, in Herrick's garden. (Image credit - University of Leicester)

Philippa Langley, from the Richard III Society, in Herrick’s garden. (Image Credit – University of Leicester)

Full size is 631 × 1000 pixels

8 Responses to 5. Philippa Langley, from the Richard III Society, in Herrick’s garden. (Image credit – University of Leicester)

• christine says:

Richard III should be buried at York Minster. As a Yorkshire man it was in this county that he was truly at home. His soul should be laid to rest accordingly. A service and burial at York Minster would be apt. Failing that at Middleham. Now is the time to put right some of the wrong

• CDoart says:

Thank you very much for your comment, Christine!
      I must admit, I am a bit undecided about where I think would be the best place for King Richard III’s last burial place, in case his mortal remains are found. York, though he had a strong connection and followership in town, still was the place where the heads of his father and brother were nailed to the city walls. So I have no favourite place, just that Westminster Abbey, which I heard being brought into the discussion, would be totally wrong in my opinion.
      Still, I would be very happy if they did find him and could burry him with the necessary decency for the good man he was, not only for the North.

• Emily says:

I believe Richard III should be buried at York Minster, which according to history is where he had planned to be laid to rest. It should definitely not be in Leicester, the county in which he was slain and certainly not for tourism reasons!

• CDoart says:

Thank you very much, Emily.
      I very much agree with you, that King Richard III’s own plans should be taken into consideration and also he should not be made a victim of the modern tourism industry. That would seem like repeating Bosworth. He should be taken for his own value, as one of the most influential kings who, though only king for two years, essentially defined the future of England.

• MARGARET PRICE says:

HE MUST BE BURIED IN YORK MINSTER.THIS WAS WHERE HE HAD PLANNED TO BE BURIED,AND IT IS AT THE HEART OF THE TOWN HE LOVED MOST-YORK. IT IS ABOUT TIME HE WAS HONOURED WITH A BURIAL SERVICE AND BURIAL PLACE BEFITTING A CONSECRATED KING,WHO WAS CRUELLY TREATED AND EVEN MOPE CRUELLY DEFAMED AFTER HIS DEATH.
    I HAVE SPENT 3 YEARS RESEARCHING AND WRITING A NOVEL ABOUT RICHARD,WHICH SEEKS TO VINDICATE HIS BAD REPUTATION,AND WHICH IS ABOUT TO BE PUBLISHED BY AN AMERICAN PUBLISHER.I FEEL VERY STRONGLY THAT,IF THE BONES TURN OUT TO BE DEFINITELY HIS,HE SHOULD BE BURIED WITH FULL HONOURS IN YORK.IT WILL GO A LITTLE WAY TO MAKE UP FOR 500 YEARS OF CRUEL AND INCORRECT REPUTATION.

• Tom Thomas says:

Ms. Langley, thanks for keeping the faith in a fallen king. I hope that the choice of burial sits well with the folks of England. My hat is off to you and the KR3 Society.

• CDoart says:

Ms. Langley did a wonderful job to honor and fight for King Richard III. I just saw the documentary on Channel4 and it shows that Philippa Langley did so wonderfully care for his rights and gently preserved his likely wishes and dignity. What an impressive and great work!